January 30, 2017
(1) Cooperatie Tory Burch U.A., with offices at Prins Bernhardplein 200, 1097 JB Amster-dam, Netherlands is the data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation.
(2) In connection with the establishment of an account, placing, processing and reviewing orders on the Website and for Tory Burch’s marketing efforts, Tory Burch may- process your personal information, including but not limited the following: your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information and other information pertaining to invoicing and receipts, (collectively, "Data"). By providing your Data as set forth herein, you are authorizing Tory Burch to store and use your information accordingly. The Data may specifically be collected and processed for the following purposes conducted on the Website:
- Shopping and Purchases - You will be able to purchase Tory Burch products and gift cards on the Website. Tory Burch requires certain Data in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you, including your name, billing, shipping addresses and payment card information.
My Account - You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Tory Burch, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. For this, you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such information then you are authorizing Tory Burch to store such information accordingly. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of the Website Tory Burch strongly encourages you to log out at the conclusion of your session. Where you have chosen a password you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Please also do not use the same password for other accounts, especially social media since that may compromise your personal security. Sending information over the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a wish list of products you want and share the items on your list by copying and pasting the URL. You may elect to make this wish list public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or e-mail address.
- Marketing - When you set up an account, Tory Burch may – provided that you have provided your consent for the use of your Data for marketing purposes – process Data such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age and preferences for the dispatch of business offers and promotions relating to products or services such as newsletters and advertising mails brochures, surveys, sweepstakes and actions by Tory Burch. You may also provide your consent to the use of your Data for marketing purposes by clicking the checkbox on the Website, including at the point of sale that says you agree that your Data may be used for marketing purposes..
- Customer Service - If you call, email or chat (if available) Tory Burch´s Customer Service center, Tory Burch may ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number. Tory Burch uses this information to assist you with your purchases.
E-mail to a friend - You may be able to share certain content from this Website with your friends, including forwarding content in a message sent to your friends via the Website. In order to do so, Tory Burch may ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postcode and telephone number, as well as for your friends’ contact details, in order for Tory Burch to fulfill your request, on your behalf and under your sole responsibility as regards to their consent to receive a message from you via this service. You must ask for your friends’ consent before typing in their details.
(3) Tory Burch will share the collected Data with third parties only to the extent described below:
Tory Burch appoints third-party companies, including but not limited to affiliates, associated companies and licensees, to perform tasks for the purpose of processing the sales and/or for the operation of the Website. Examples include the management of a database of customer Data, support for e-mail distribution, support for direct marketing and data collection, the provision of data storage and analysis, and providing telephone customer services and other services that help us bring you the products and services we offer.
Such third parties will be granted access to personal information as required to perform their duties. Tory Burch will require from such third parties confirmation that they will maintain the confidentiality of all information transferred, and will only use such information for the purpose of the relevant contract.
- Tory Burch will disclose your Data if it is required by law, or where it believes such disclosure is necessary to enforce its terms and conditions or its rights and to protect your rights and those of others.
- As part of the above purposes, Tory Burch may exchange Data with companies who specialize in the prevention and minimization of abuse and credit card fraud.
(4) Cookies: When using the Website, text information ("Cookies") may automatically be stored on and read from the hard-disk of your device. The following Cookies may be used:
- Session Cookie: When connecting with Tory Burch´s server, your device will be allocated a remote number (the “Session-ID“), which enables Tory Burch´s server to identify your device during the session. The Session-ID facilitates usability of the Website, will be deleted automatically upon termination of the browser, and will not be submitted to third parties.
- Webtracking Cookie: The Website uses webtracking technology to collect and store anonymous, aggregate information about your computer such as your IP ad-dress, operating system and browser type and about how visitors use the Website to improve how the Website works. Tory Burch compiles from such data anonymous user profiles to obtain non-personally identifiable information about the pages that are visited on the Website and general browsing habits. Such information is gathered to optimize the Website, to ensure that the advertising on the Website is more relevant for you, to estimate usage numbers and patterns, to speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to our Website.
- Performance/Analytics Cookie: The Website uses these cookies to analyse how the Website is accessed, used or is performing. Tory Burch uses this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Website.
(5) Pixel Tags: Tory Burch uses pixel tags (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”, collectively "Pixel Tags") in connection with some web pages or e-mail messages in HTML format. Pixel Tags can collect various data, including your IP address, the URL of the page that contains pixel tags, when you opened an email, the links you clicked, the duration of page display, the type of browser, and the identifi-cation number of a Cookie previously placed by that server on the computer. We compile from such data anonymous user profiles to obtain non-personally identifiable information about the pages that are visited on the Website and general browsing hab-its. Such information is gathered to optimize the Website, to ensure that advertising is more relevant for you, to estimate usage numbers and patterns, to speed up your searches and to recognise you when you return to our Website. The data will neither be used to identify you nor will any data be combined under a pseudonym. Pixel Tags are usually invisible for users of the Website and email recipients and can be connect-ed with Cookies on the hard drives of visitors. If you deactivate Cookies, Pixel Tags can only identify anonymous Website visits. If Tory Burch exchanges e-mails with you in HTML format, Tory Burch can use a format detection method, which determines by Pixel Tags whether you have received and opened an e-mail.
(6) Tory Burch works with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on Tory Burch´s behalf across the Internet.
(7) The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites includ-ing those of advertisers and other third parties. Tory Burch does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites. Tory Burch advises you to review these websites' privacy policies before using them. Such websites include: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google (including Google + and YouTube), Tumblr and others as may be added from time to time.
Tory Burch has put in place a number of measures designed to protect data which is transferred from Europe to the US. Tory Burch maintains a network of specific agree-ments to require contracting parties to observe data protection legislation.
(9) We use what we consider to be industry standard security technology in transferring information to process your orders. All credit card transactions should take place in a protected area of our site, which is designed to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you should move into the protected area of our site. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) should change from http to https. Also, a key or a closed lock should appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You should remain in this secure zone for the entire check-out process. Please check that you are still in this protected area when you type in your credit card details.
(10) When using your personal Data, the Data will be treated in accordance with current and applicable UK data protection law.
(11) Upon your request and to the extent this is technically and legally possible, you may use Tory Burch´s services in a de-identified form or under a pseudonym. Also, you may ask Tory Burch to de-identify or pseudonymize some or all the Data Tory Burch has stored about you.
If you wish to do so, please submit your request to Tory Burch and send an email to email@example.com.
(13) If you have registered on our Website for your own account with Tory Burch, you can always refer to the My Account section in your account to find out which Data Tory Burch has collected about you. Even if you are not a registered user, you may send requests about your Data to Tory Burch. At any time, you may ask Tory Burch to inform you which Data Tory Burch has collected or stored about you in accordance with your activity on the Website. Also, you may ask Tory Burch to inform you for which purposes Tory Burch recorded your personal Data and to which recipients Tory Burch has transferred or will transfer your Data. In the case that Tory Burch has collected or stored Data about you under a pseudonym, you may ask all these questions, too. If you have any questions about your privacy or security on Tory Burch´s Website, please contact Tory Burch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(14) You can request to update your Data. Please make sure to provide Tory Burch with current, complete and accurate information. In case your personal information changes, please update the details in the My Account section of your account or submit this information to Tory Burch at email@example.com. Tory Burch will do its best to keep all Data about you accurate and up to date. You may ask Tory Burch to correct any Data that is incorrect at any time.
(15) Tory Burch will not keep any personal Data about you longer than is necessary for Tory Burch´s business relationship and business purposes. Tory Burch will immediately erase all Data about you that is not necessary to fulfill these purposes.
(16) If you terminate your account at Tory Burch, Tory Burch will erase all personally identifiable Data that it has stored about you. Where erasure would violate record retention periods set by law, statute or contract, Tory Burch will block the Data instead of erasing it.
(17) This website is not meant for children.
(18) This Policy will be documented in the footer of each page of the Website, where you may access it at anytime.
(20) By visiting our website, you agree that any dispute of any sort that might arise be-tween you and us or any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, employees, predeces-sors in interest, successors and assigns regarding your visit to and use of our web-site, .as well as regarding any and all disputes or claims relating in any way to this Pri-vacy Policy or to any products or services sold or distributed by us or through our website, including disputes concerning the scope or applicability of the following arbi-tration agreement will be resolved in a confidential, individual and fair arbitration pro-cess, and not in court. You agree to give up your right to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but yourself.